Saturday, October 20, 2012

And then there were four!

Once again, life has gotten in the way of blogging and this little blog has fallen by the wayside. The last few months have been hectic, with my time spent running around after Evie in between trying to relax and grow a baby. Four weeks ago, our little man joined our family.

My 3 babies - Evie, Ethan and Zac

Ethan was a hefty 10lb 2oz! He has taken to the breast like a pro and is a happy little thing, although a few minor things have made me suspect he has a food sensitivity (or it could just be he is getting too much milk, too fast due to my epic supply!). Either way, it is good incentive for me to get off grains. I have tried to go Paleo/Primal plenty of times before but always fail for one reason or another but this time, having my son's health as an incentive, hopefully it will be easier. I am also part-way through reading the book 'Wheat Belly' by William Davis which is an interesting read and further supports the idea of eliminating grains (especially wheat) from my diet.

In order to chronicle my progress and keep myself inspired, I am going to be posting pics of my meals, which at the moment are not quite primal as I am including dairy and some potatoes and white rice while I transition in order to make the change easier and ensure my milk supply isn't adversely affected.

On the garden front, I have been busy the past few weeks getting everything tidied up and ready for spring. Now that I can actually reach the ground and get back up again, I have been weeding and transplanting and have started my seedlings for the summer planting. Increasing the production of home grown produce is also part of my strategy to support my diet and save money - less money spent on fresh veg, the more I have to spend on meat and nuts! We are still chickenless but I hope to remedy that soon. I miss the sound of my girls clucking away!

No comments: